Thursday, December 15, 2011

The Witch Who Was (1.2)

I shook my head as though I had come out of a dream. "I said that I don't like the fact that Bane when to Artic to touch a bunch of predators! He could get hurt!" I just smiled. "that's what you said when he went to Africa! what are you going to do when he finally goes to the Amazon or the outbacks to become a koala bear?" She glared at me, making me laugh... until we got in the car and she started driving. She wasn't even out of the parking lot before she reached 60! "Hey just because your nearly indestructible does not mean i am!" I practically shouted. She laughed and hit the gas harder. "You know I got to get you home before my next class." Not only was she speeding, but she was sending out images of a blue sedan going 50 so that we wouldn't get caught. "Ya well you don't have to go 130 miles! We live real close to Baker! I could walk if it wasn't for the fact that you too scared to let me go by myself." At this, she growled. "Your so short, and your magic's not good without your candles. Someone could hurt you." Her expression was fierce, and not that I would tell her in a million years, scary. We couldn't say more because we were already home. I quickly got out while she sped away, back to Baker. I looked at the woods that lead to the house and sighed. The only thing that made it easier to get through the 3 1/2 miles was that when we mixed blood, I got some of her speed, where as her power in thought projecting became less selective and easier to do with crowds. The trip didn't take as long as it would have before, so I was at the house in 20 minutes. The outside was a very bright green (Jade loves decorating in bright colors) with orange shutters. Its a 3 story house, 2 floors and an attic. When you walk through the door (black, surprisingly) you are immediately attacked by pink. The whole first floor is pink. The second floor is blue, and the attic got splattered with left over paint. Jade and I lived on the 2nd floor, Bane in the attic. It was almost 11 at night, and I didn't have anything besides reading chapter 6 for Human Sciences, and I didn't have that class again for a couple days... So it was time to experiment with potions. I do wish Bane was here, because Jade was right; my magic didn't usually work outside of candles. I've only been trying to expand to potions and spells for about a month, and it often explodes. I was raised with my mostly human aunt (my dad was half witch, Grandpa was none.) who only could use candle magic, because it's easier to use and requires little to no magic. My mother carries the magic through the women in the family, so it was more like she was 200% witch. If I had been a boy, I probably wouldn't have much magic. I was walking rather slow to my room on the 2nd floor; running had tired me out. When I reached my blood red splattered door (it was actual blood, from myself and 12 other women in the family.) The only way to protect a witch is to use family blood (figuratively or real) to write the sacred runes on the door of the witch you're trying to protect. 13 is the magic number for witches. I took 3 deep breathes, traced over my personal rune murmuring blessed be and opened the door. It was the combination of my voice, motion, rune, and magic that aloud the door to open. If another witch had attempted to enter, they would instantly turn to ash. Any one else would just not be able to get in. My room was guarded so heavily because I keep My Tools in there along with My Witch Clothes, fabric to fix them if needed, more tools, and candles. Thousands of candles of all shapes, sizes, and colors. Recently, I molded a "cauldron" out of candle wax from some candles that I had soaked under a blue moon (no the wax doesn't remelt. That's why I chose the blue moon), and herbs and other ingredients that I had attained. I also got books, at least 20 or so on my floor. The only normal thing was the king size bed that was pushed off in the corner. It had a huge purple silk blanket with at least 5 colorful silk pillows. I went to get the "cauldron" and a few flowers. I grabbed Bachelor Button for promise, White Chrysanthemum for truth, Crocus for foresight, Peony for healing, and Poppy's for consolation.

No comments:

Post a Comment